Allow 2 pieces of fruit per person. Tip: share fruit with a friend to ensure variety.
- Prepare yourself for service – wash hands, tie hair back and wear an apron.
- Wash and dry fruit
Tip: preserve nutrients and retain peel, if appropriate.
- Use appropriate colour-coded chopping board (if available) to chop fruit into even bite-sized pieces (approximately 2cm2).
Tip: for fruit likely to discolour (bananas, apples, pears), sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
- Discard peel and place in compost bin.
- Assemble fruit pieces onto wooden skewer or serve in a bowl with yoghurt.
- Present attractively on a plate. Garnish with fruit.
Tip: strawberry fan, Vandyke kiwi, thin orange slice, sprig mint.