12 sheets filo pastry
1 Tb (20ml) olive oil
1 Tb (12g) sesame seeds
65g parmesan, grated
4 spring onions, cleaned and trimmed
150g feta cheese, diced finely
1x 250g spinach or frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
Pinch grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. If using fresh spinach: wash spinach to remove grit. Remove stalks and finely chop leaves. If using packet spinach, squeeze out moisture.
3. Slice spring onion into small rings.
4. Lightly whisk egg with nutmeg.
5. Combine spinach, spring onions, feta, egg, nutmeg and parmesan in a large bowl.
6. Place a sheet of filo pastry on the bench and using a pastry brush, brush lightly with olive oil.
7. Fold pastry sheet in half lengthways.
8. Place 1 Tb filling at the bottom corner of strip and fold pastry diagonally to form a triangle.
9. Continue folding to end of pastry, retaining isosceles triangle shape.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 with remaining pastry and filling.
11. Brush pastry triangles with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
12. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
13. Serve hot.