Ingredients for Pizza Dough (Serves 1)
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1 teaspoon dried yeast
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
½ cup hot water
Ingredients for pizza topping
2 tablespoons tomato paste – add enough water to make a spreadable consistency
Choose from the following gourmet toppings– bocconcini, prosciutto, capsicum,
eggplant, zucchini, champignons, Spanish onions, goats cheese, rocket (add after cooking), spinach, smoked salmon, sun dried tomatoes, fresh herbs such as basil and oregano.
Choose from the following traditional toppings for a less expensive alternative – salami, ham, mozzarella cheese, capsicum
Method for making pizza dough
1. Mix dry ingredients, add water (as hot as you would take a shower or bath temperature) and mix to soft dough. If too sticky add 1-2 tablespoons extra flour.
2. Cover with plastic wrap, pushed down to completely cover the dough. Allow to rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
3. Turn dough onto floured board and knead until smooth.
4. Set oven temperature at 200 degrees C.
5. Roll out pizza dough to a circle the size of 22cm.
6. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Method for finishing pizza
1. Prepare topping ingredients – shred prosciutto, slice capsicum and champignons, slice and char grill eggplant, zucchini, gently fry red onions for sweetness.
2. Spread tomato paste onto pizza base and add topping ingredients
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.